VIP Experience: $125 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
VIP’s gain early access at 12:00 noon for a more intimate experience, valet parking, and a seat at America’s Wine movie on Thursday, May 3 or Friday, May 4 evening. VIP includes all Main Event experiences.
Main Event: $75 1:00 – 4:00 pm
A celebration to remember. Experience the full array of Monterey Wine Country offerings. Enjoy sampling wines paired with a bounty of delectable lite-bites prepared by the best local chefs and dancing in the streets of picturesque Carmel-by-the-Sea.
America’s Wine: The Legacy of Prohibition documentary
Monterey Wine Camp Workshop: Taste Like A Sommelier
Monterey Wine Camp Workshop: Scents & Sensibility
WHAT MAKES THIS EVENT UNIQUE?
- Stroll the charming streets of Carmel-by-the-Sea, closed exclusively for this celebration
- Enjoy music by renowned pianist Eddie Mendenhall and the great bassist John Wiitala from SF
- Sample Monterey’s new wines and savor old favorites
- Taste the Best Pinot Noirs in California (Wine Spectator Magazine)
- Learn from local winemakers and grape growers
- Meet local chefs from some of the area’s most popular restaurants, who are providing lite-bites to pair with your wine
- Purchase your favorite wines and take them home with you
- It is the only wine event that features wines produced from all the wine growing regions in Monterey including Arroyo Seco, Carmel Valley, Chalone, Hames Valley, Monterey, San Antonio Valley, and Santa Lucia Highlands.
- ALL TICKET HOLDERS MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE; ID will be required to enter.
- All tickets sold separately and are non-refundable
- Although adorable, pets are not allowed at the event.
- Full list of fine print items
The Monterey County Vintners & Growers Association is hosting the 26th Annual Monterey Winemakers Celebration, and you are invited!
Enjoy the incredible wines and culinary abundance from one of the world’s premier wine regions in the quaint village of Carmel-by-the-Sea. This iconic Monterey County food and wine festival is Saturday, May 5th from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
ADDITIONAL MONTEREY WINE CAMP EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES
Wine Documentary Screening: $20 (ticket included in VIP package)
- America’s Wine: The Legacy of Prohibition – Showings: Thursday, May 3rd (5:00 – 6:30pm, 7:00 – 8:30pm) ● Friday, May 4th (5:00 – 6:30pm)
Spanning a century of winemaking up to the present day, this documentary tells the story of the entrepreneurial California wine families who overcame obstacles to rebuild the American wine industry, decimated by National Prohibition. Featuring seldom seen footage, archival photographs, and historic interviews. This is a rare viewing of this movie, owned by The Bancroft Library. We are honored to host the producer, director, and writer Carla De Luca Worfolk at the weekend’s events.
Wine Camp Workshops: $40/workshop or $70 for two workshops
- Taste Like a Sommelier – Friday, May 4th 5:00 – 6:15 pm
How does a Sommelier approach a multi-winery tasting event? Learn how best to enjoy tasting wine, including planning your approach, learning how to taste, and more. This workshop is ideal for those new to wine festivals and for those that want to improve their wine tasting skills. Led by Ted Glennon, Advanced Sommelier extraordinaire. Food & Wine magazine named Ted as a “Top Sommelier of 2012.”
- Scents & Sensibility – Friday, May 4th 6:45 – 8:00 pm
Many people underestimate the importance of smell when it comes to tasting wines. Research reports that 75%-95% of the taste of wines comes from the nose. This workshop focuses on experiencing and understanding the varieties of aromas present in different wines. De-mystify these scents and increase your enjoyment and appreciation of wine. Led by Sabrine Rodems, winemaker extraordinaire for Wrath and owner/winemaker for Scratch.
Albatross Ridge ● Bernardus Winery ● Big Sur Vineyards ● Blair Estate Wines ● Caraccioli Cellars ● Carmel Ridge Winery ● Carmel Road ● Chalone ● De Tierra Vineyards ● Estancia Estates Winery ● Folktale Winery & Vineyards ● Hahn Family Wines ● Holman Ranch ● I. Brand & Family Wines ● J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines ● Joyce Vineyards ● La Crema ● Mark West Wines ● Michaud Vineyard ● Odonata Wines ● Paraiso Vineyards ● Pessagno Wines ● Pierce Ranch Vineyards ● Puma Road ● Rexford Winery ● Robert Mondavi Winery ● Scheid Vineyards ● Scratch Wines ● Seabold Cellars ● Shale Canyon Wines ● Silvestri Vineyards ● Smith Family Wines ● Testarossa Winery ● Wente Vineyards ● Windy Oaks Estate ● Wrath Wines
Aabha Indian Cuisine ● Basil Seasonal Dining ● Cantinetta Luca ● Carmel Honey Company ● Fandango Restaurant ● Il Tegamino ● Krua Thai ● La Balena ● La Bicyclette ● Lafayette Kitchen & Cafe ● Mulligan Public House ● Nothing Bundt Cakes ● Olivier By The Sea ● Percy’s Pies ● Roux ● Seventh & Dolores ● Trio Olive Oil ● Village Corner ● Ventana
MAKE IT A LONG WEEKEND…BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT!
Stay for a long weekend in one of the charming inns of Carmel! You can book directly with a Carmel innkeeper here.
Don’t forget to make a reservation for dinner following the event at one of the participating Monterey Winemakers’ Celebration restaurants (coming soon)!
These restaurants feature a special Monterey Wine Country paired menu from April 30th – May 6th. Make your reservations at the links below:
A special thank you to our event sponsors: