TO DATE WE HAVE
- Met several times
- Established goals and core beliefs
- Conducted a survey (Monterey vineyard owners/managers can still take the survey here)
- Developed protocol for monitoring (coming soon)
- Come up with action steps for meeting as neighborhood groups (all at the same time)
This is a group effort. Nothing is set in stone but there is an intention to have all Monterey County growers explore ways to collectively help minimize/contain the impact of red leaf diseases on our vineyards. All winegrowers in Monterey County are welcomed and encouraged to participate.
- Reduce the impact of Red Leaf Viruses through collective efforts
- All winegrowers in Monterey County want to protect our (and our neighbors’) vineyards from Red Leaf Viruses and other pests.
- We know how to work together to solve problems
- Rather than look to government for any kind of mandatory intervention, we can do it ourselves
- Although we may seek public funding and will partner with govt. agencies as needed
- The management plan will meet requirements for SIP/CSWA & European Council and Commission Wine Regulations